True Control Center Installation Guide
Direct link to topic in this publication:
Once all of the previous sections have been completed, you should now be able to test Commence is functioning properly.
To test Commence is working properly:
- Power on a computer that is unknown to ConfigMgr.
- Press F12 to get it to PXE boot.
The process will then be:
- The computer contacts a DHCP server to get an IP address.
- The DHCP server points it to a PXE/Windows Deployment Services (WDS) server.
- The computer does a request for policy.
- As the computer is an unknown computer, it will retrieve the required Commence task sequence which tells it to download the Commence boot image from a PXE-enabled distribution point.
Windows PE is then started and drivers (such as network and mass storage) are loaded.
The prestart command will then run the Preloader as its prestart command. This will download the Commence.cab as shown by the Downloading Commence files…
The Preloader will then extract the Commence installation files and run it.
Commence will be started.
The user will be prompted for credentials if these have not been configured in the Settings.cnf file.
- On the Windows Security dialog box, enter credentials for a user who has access to use Commence, and then click OK
Commence then contacts the Control Center Deployment Service and verifies that the user has access to Commence. If they do, then the Commence user interface is launched.
Finally, you will need to give the required members of your support staff the ability to use Commence which is detailed in the "Granting access to Commence" section.