True Control Center Installation Guide
Downloading and installing SDelete
Direct link to topic in this publication:
Downloading and installing SDelete for use with Commence
Commence includes a Secure Format option that overwrites the hard drive with zeros so no content previously on the computer’s hard drive can be recovered. This feature is dependent on the SDelete Windows Sysinternals utility.
As the End User License Agreement (EULA) prohibits this utility from being redistributed, you need to download and install SDelete manually, part of which involves accepting the EULA. Once installed, SDelete can then be copied to the relevant folder ready for Commence to use.
To download and install SDelete:
- Load a browser and download the latest version of SDelete from the following location:
- Once downloaded, right-click on the SDelete.zip and select Properties
- On the SDelete Properties screen click Unblock then click OK
- Right-click on the SDelete.zip and select Extract All
- On the Extract Compressed (Zipped) Folders dialog box, click Extract
- In the location containing the extracted files, double-click sdelete64.exe
- On the SDelete License Agreement screen, click Agree to accept the Sysinternals license agreement.
- Copy the three SDelete files to the following folder:
Now that you have downloaded and installed SDelete, the next stage of the process is to verify anonymous authentication to the Commence installation directory.