True Control Center Installation Guide
Direct link to topic in this publication:
DNS requirements for the Cireson Control Center
In order to be able to install the Cireson Control Center, you need to create a new Alias (CNAME record) in your Domain Name System (DNS). This needs to point to the address for the Control Center on the Internet Information Services (IIS) Server on which the Control Center will be installed.
where mydomain.local is the name of your domain.
|Starting with version 3.0.7, the Control Center Installer can automatically register the CNAME record in DNS provided the "Let setup automatically register hostname in DNS (requires DNS permissions)" checkbox is selected during installation, and that the user performing the installation has the required permissions in DNS.|
The following procedure walks you through adding a new alias (CNAME) resource record to a zone in Windows Server 2012 R2.
To add an alias (CNAME) resource record to a zone:
- Logon to the server where DNS is controlled.
- Start Server Manager
- Click the Tools menu then select DNS which will start the DNS Manager Microsoft Management Console (MMC).
- In the DNS Manager navigate to DNS | <server_name> | Forward Lookup Zones
- Right-click the relevant forward lookup zone where you want to add the Alias resource record for the Control Center website name and click New Alias (CNAME).
- In the New Resource Record dialog box, type the name of the alias to be used for the Control Center website name in the Alias name field, for example, ControlCenter
|As you type the alias in the Alias name field, the Fully qualified domain name (FQDN) field is automatically populated. |
- If you use Fully Qualified Domain Names (FQDNs) in your environment, in the Fully qualified domain name (FQDN) for target host field, type the FQDN of the computer on which the Control Center will be installed. Alternatively, click the Browse button to browse the DNS namespace for the host (A) resource record for the server the Control Center will be installed on.
- Click OK to add the new record to the zone.