Self Service & Analyst Portal - Community
Web Site Logging
Direct link to topic in this publication:
The Cireson Portal log is located at C:\inetpub\CiresonPortal\Logs\WebConsole.log.
The logging configuration is in the web.config file at C:\inetpub\CiresonPortal\web.config.
Changing the Web Site Logging Level
If you need to change the logging level to get more detail in the log, please do the following:
- Open a text editor such as Notepad as an elevated administrator.
- Open C:\inetpub\CiresonPortal\web.config.
- Change the logging level key to ALL. Example shown below:
- Save the file.
- Restart the Cireson Portal web site.
Creating a New Web Site Log File
To create a new web site log file, please do the following:
- Stop the Cireson Portal web site.
- Delete or rename the current web site log file at C:\inetpub\CiresonPortal\Logs\WebConsole.log
- Start the Cireson Portal web site.
A new web site log file will be created automatically.
All errors that occur in the Cireson Portal web site are also logged to the Application event log in Windows. The source of these events is 'WebPortal'.