Self Service & Analyst Portal - Community
Cache Builder Logging
Direct link to topic in this publication:
The Cache Builder log file is located at C:\inetpub\CiresonPortal\bin\Logs.
The Cache Builder logging configuration is stored in the Cache Builder config file at C:\inetpub\CiresonPortal\bin\Cireson.CacheBuilder.WindowsService.exe.config.
Changing the Cache Builder Logging Level
If you need to change the logging level to get more detail in the log, please do the following:
- Open a text editor such as Notepad as an elevated administrator.
- Open C:\inetpub\CiresonPortal\bin\Cireson.CacheBuilder.WindowsService.exe.config.
- Change the logging level key to ALL. Example shown below:
- Save the file.
- Restart the Cache Builder service.
Creating a New Cache Builder Log File
To create a new Cache Builder log file, please do the following:
- Stop the Cache Builder service. Wait for up to 15 seconds for the process to release control of the log file.
- Delete or rename the current Cache Builder log file at C:\inetpub\CiresonPortal\bin\logs
- Start the Cache Builder service
A new Cache Builder log file will be created automatically.
All errors that occur in the Cache Builder are also logged to the Application event log in Windows. The source of these events is 'CacheBulder'.